Re: Mc-devel Digest, Vol 66, Issue 5

Hi!

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 16:34 +0300, Vadim Sukhomlinov wrote:

> I found an issue with smbfs support in mc-4.7.0pre4 - when access
> Windows system (windows 7 in my case) in the directory where files
> with non-ASCII names are located (russian alphabet in my case), mc
> doesn't display it correctly, and change of encodings manually doesn't
> help. smbclient displays directory content correctly, as well as many
> other programs. Looks like an issue in smbfs implementation in mc.

AFAIK, the samba library bundled with mc counts no ages. Not only it
needs a rework, but it has to be throw out completely and replaced with
a wrapper for some well supported samba library.

So what are you talking about is entirely possible, although I don't
think we can provide you with a solution ATM before the VFS rewrite
(which has not even started yet) is completed.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev