Re: Unwanted natural sorting of numbers

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 13:04 +0100, Miguel Pérez wrote:

>     This is happening to both of my workstations, a Debian sid x86 one
> and an Ubuntu 8.04 AMD64 one, both running Debian's mc 4.7.0-pre1-3,
> both with UTF-8 locales (en_US.UTF-8 and es_ES.UTF-8) but LC_COLLATE
> set to 'C'. Is there anything I could provide that might help
> determine what's wrong with my Midnight Commander setup?

Hmmm... Can't reproduce:

declare -x LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_COLLATE="C"
declare -x LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"

Anyone?

>     Alternatively, do you know if there are any important patches in
> the Debian versions of mc 4.7 that aren't yet available in the
> upstream version 4.7.0-pre4?

No, removed the last one a week ago. Only Debian-specific stuff, like
zip bug, smb bug, awk, editor, pdf, djvu, images.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev