Re: Unwanted natural sorting of numbers

Hello!

    This is happening to both of my workstations, a Debian sid x86 one and an Ubuntu 8.04 AMD64 one, both running Debian's mc 4.7.0-pre1-3, both with UTF-8 locales (en_US.UTF-8 and es_ES.UTF-8) but LC_COLLATE set to 'C'. Is there anything I could provide that might help determine what's wrong with my Midnight Commander setup?

    Alternatively, do you know if there are any important patches in the Debian versions of mc 4.7 that aren't yet available in the upstream version 4.7.0-pre4? If I won't be missing anything important, I can afford to compile it from source and run the original version; Midnight Commander is worth it :) .

Thanks again

2009/12/3 Yury V. Zaytsev <yury shurup com>
Hi!

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 17:11 +0100, Miguel Pérez wrote:

>     I've noticed when Midnight Commander sorts filenames
> alphabetically, it treats numbers specially as to sort filenames "a1",
> "a3" and "a20" in this order,

I can't reproduce this on 4.7.0-pre4-132-gfa24b65 :

│ a1.x
│ a10.x
│ a20.x
│ a3.x

I don't remember that we did any modifications in what concerns file
ordering in the Debian package... :-(

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev

--
Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico, considera tu responsabilidad medioambiental.

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email.