[bug #21030] "preserve Attributes" unchecked, but chmod errors still there

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: current (CVS or snapshot)
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

I have tried copying files from mounted FAT filesystem (memory card) to a
NTFS filesystem (which was mounted using ntfs-3g over FUSE). I unchecked
"preserve Attributes" (as NTFS does not support chown/chmod)

But even with the preserve attributes unchecked I got following error
message:

Cannot chmod target file "/m/s/eg/100_4646.jpg"
Operation not permitted (1)

on each of the files. I hoped to avoid this when I unchecked "preserve
Attributes".

I am using CVS version of MC, checked out and recompiled just few minutes
ago, running on debian unstable, amd64 architecture.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?21030>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/