Re[2]: GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.2-pre1

Hello Caj,

> On Oct 19, 2007, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>> If you have a proper patch....

> OK, but if I may just ask why key bindings are so static in mc, is the
> code very hard to change so that a user could define his/her own
> bindings for a large part of the configuration and layout?

> And another question just of curiosity, are the existing patches for
> these features not good enough for inclusion in the main code?

I don't remember right now the details but usually these patches
are far for complete or do not fit the rest of the code well.
I know that there was a patch which adds as shortcut to change
the current sort mode - I do not remember why it wasn't accepted.
I'll try to find it in the archives and see what can be done
about it. There is a patch in savannah too if I am not mistaken.
Regarding the "show hidden files" key binding - I am not aware
of patch which does this. If you can point me to such a patch
I'll gladly review it. In any case I am not going to write new
code before the 4.6.2 release. I'll review existing patches and
will fix ugly bugs.