Re: Small patch for src/Makefile.am

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Anton Monroe wrote:

Most of Makefile.am provides $(EXEEXT) for operating systems that use
filename extensions, but it is missing in a couple of places.  Patch
attached.

Hmm.. I am not convinced that this patch is necessary. Why do you want
the symlink to have an extension ? Who handles the symlinks on OS/2 ?
Are you using some kind of a Linux/Unix emulator for OS/2 or you just
have a set of GNU utilities ported for OS/2 ? In the former case
it would be up to the emulator to interpret the symlink correctly
(as is done in Cygwin), if it is the latter case I think the copy of
the `ln' utility should do the right thing i.e. add the .exe extension
if necessary.