[patch #5893] integrated side-by-side textmode diff viewer

Follow-up Comment #20, patch #5893 (project mc):

i have problems to use your enhancement. on a self-compiled binary it works,
but when i integrate it in to my system the requirement to do autotools
breaks everything else.

the described walkthrough does not work for me:
the patch needs some weird hacking in the autoconf environment, because some
variable was not set to include the define USE_DIFF_VIEW. no real
understanding on my side.

anyway, i did test it and on the first glance it worked and looked fine, but
the keys were messed up - that could be because i messed with configure to
make it compile :(
i see there is a more recent version available, but that has the same
problem.

more on my next public communication...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?5893>

  Message sent via/by Savannah