[bug #20184] Skip vs. Abort on multi-file/dir operation

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 4.6.1
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

When mc encounters an error (eg. permission denied) while operating on
multiple files and/or directories (eg. move, delete), it presents an error
dialog stating the problem and offers "Skip, Retry, Abort", which is fine.

However, if you chose "Skip", it actually does the same as if you had chosen
"Abort", ie. it cancels the whole operation instead of actually skipping the
problem file/directory and going on with the rest. This is especially
annoying if you want to delete a huge directory tree which happens to have a
few files strewn in that belong to a different user.

To reproduce, copy a directory tree as a user, change a few file ownerships
and permissions somewhere within the tree, then go back to the top of the
directory structure and hit F8. This has been bugging me for a while already,
and I just stumbled across it again when I wanted to delete the
thunderbird-2.0.0.4 build tree, so I decided to finally report this bug. :-)

I'm using the release version of mc-4.6.1 with a couple of Uhulinux patches
from Egmont Koblinger (all of the UTF-8 patches and a few other ones).

[zlatko disclosure]:~$ mc --version
GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.1
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish, mcfs, undelfs
With builtin Editor
Using system-installed S-Lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?20184>