[bug #19757] Bad regexp search in editor (" $")

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: current (CVS or snapshot)
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

When I used Command -> Find file and entered " $" (space and a dollar,
meaning one space character at end of line, regular expression and case
sensitivity is both checked), I find many lines in many files. However, when
I enter one of the files, move to the start of the file and search for the
same expression " $" using F7 ("regular expression" checkbox is checked, rest
is unchecked), nothing is found ("Search string not found"). When I move to
the line where the space was found by "Find file" the space at end of line is
there.

To reproduce, file with lines like:

"a word      "
"another     "
"another   "

may be used (without the quotation marks of course, the spaces at end of
lines are important)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?19757>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/