[bug #19721] Aborting a FISH file transfer still causes the FISH layer to consume the whole file

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: All versions
        Operating System: All

Details:

I was looking at the fish code recently and noticed that aborting
a running file transfer still causes MC to read the whole file sent by the
remote end. I realized that the way FISH is currently
implemented, i.e. commands and data sent over the same channel, this is the
only way to clear the data channel so that command replies would get to the
FISH layer without re-establishing a new link. While this could be acceptable
for small transfers I doubt it that it makes sens for multi-megabyte files.

Ideas on how to fix it are welcome. One way I can see is to
open a separate FISH connection for the data transfer i.e. like FTP.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?19721>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/