[patch #5871] enhance selection in xterms

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #5871 (project mc):

I can understand the patched-in behavior, but don't think it fixes a user

I'm using Eterm and that provides the possibility to "smart-select" some
string for its terminal buffer by double-clicking on it.

this mechanism doesn't work as desired without this patch.
I guess it just tries to select the whole "word", which interferes with the
surrounding dashes.

however with the patch applied it works like intended.

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah