Re: mc and utf8

Hi Egmont, Rostislav, mc-devel,

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 18:22 +0200, Egmont Koblinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very glad to hear that there's going to be some work on it!
>

> > My work leader is author of the original utf-8 patch for mc.
>
> Oh my God... Who is he? (Just for curiosity.) There were lots of names:
> Jakub Jelinek, Vladimir Nadvornik, Jindrich Novy - AFAIK they're all
> involved in the current UTF-8 patches.

Yes of course, Rostislav came to me with a great interest in UTF8ization
of mc and wanted me to supervise his bachelor's thesis in this field and
I'm very happy because of that.

I have never claimed I'm the only original author of the UTF-8 patch.
The misunderstanding most likely came from our discussion about
downstream patches in the Red Hat mc branch, where we have more of UTF-8
related patches, some of them written by me in addition to the main
UTF-8 patch where many people were involved.

Thanks for good pointers for Rostislav and I'm also joining wishing
good luck in his upcoming work!

Jindrich