Re: [bug #18042] cannot specify port number in shell link

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 13:20 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
IMO, it would be better if MC pops up an url specific dialog for
each vfs if necessary so that the user could finer tune the connection. I
think this would also help to add support for per connection settings i.e.
use passive ftp for one connection and active for another. Instead of
simple hacks we'd better go with well designed features.

Agreed.

But as Andrew also pointed out manpower is limited, so sadly we will
sometimes have to use hacks if nobody is volunteering to invest time in
the proper solution. They are not optimal, but in some cases better than
not fixing breakage at all.

This is not a task which requires tremendous efforts. It is just a matter
of defining what we want to do and how we want to do it. And in the meantime there is an easy workaround - just set the port in ~/.ssh/config.