Re: [bug #18042] cannot specify port number in shell link

Hello Pavel,

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 13:20 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> IMO, it would be better if MC pops up an url specific dialog for
> each vfs if necessary so that the user could finer tune the connection. I
> think this would also help to add support for per connection settings i.e.
> use passive ftp for one connection and active for another. Instead of
> simple hacks we'd better go with well designed features.

Agreed.

But as Andrew also pointed out manpower is limited, so sadly we will
sometimes have to use hacks if nobody is volunteering to invest time in
the proper solution. They are not optimal, but in some cases better than
not fixing breakage at all.

Leonard.