[bug #15758] Uncompressing .tar.bz2 leads to malformed filename extension eventually

Update of bug #15758 (project mc):

                Category:                    Core => VFS

Follow-up Comment #5:

J.J.,

I've followed your instructions on how to rebuild a tar.bz2 from the original
tar.gz but still no luck. Both files are extracted with proper file names. I
also reverted the patch which deals with filenames of length 100 but again
the file names were correct. There must be something else. Can you upload
your tar.bz2 file somewhere so I can test with it ?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=15758>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/