[bug #15758] Uncompressing .tar.bz2 leads to malformed filename extension eventually

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #15758 (project mc):

Leonard, this thought crossed my mind as soon as I noticed this bugreport but
that fix was for filenames of length 100 so it I guess it must be something

I'll try to follow J.J's instructions to create a tar.bz2 file off the
original tar.gz and see what happens.

J.J., your original bugreport had misleading information. You wrote that the
filename of  '/newlib/libc/sys/linux/include/netinet/ip_mroute.h' was being
truncated and this is why I assumed you entered the newlib-1.12.0 and then F5
was pressed.

  Message sent via/by Savannah