[bug #15758] Uncompressing .tar.bz2 leads to malformed filename extension eventually

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #15758 (project mc):

It's a tar.bz2 i did by using the same source as you and using the command:
$ tar cvjf ./newlib-1.12.0.tar.bz2 ./newlib-1.12.0

I've patched this sources and packaged in a new tar.bz2 file, that's all.

Don't know if you rebuilded it to a tar.bz2 or simply xtracted from the
tar.gz. No issues for me xtracting from tar.gz, just for tar.bz2 in this
case.

At the same time, i didn't extracted it as a single file navigating trougth
mc, i just entered the tar.bz2, selected the main folder's file, and pressed
F5 with default options.

Finally, i was using 'meld' diff tool to make the directory diff. Anyway, i
checked it manually by inspecting the files individually by a single 'diff'
command to ensure that wasn't a meld related issue.

TIA

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=15758>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/