Re: mcslang2

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> I think I've invested enough time in mc in the last year that I can
> expect somebody to help me out with a subject I'm not that familiar
> without having to feel ashamed. Reading the autoconf manual and
> understanding all the macros will cost me hours if not days, somebody
> pointing out the flaw in that patch only a couple of minutes.
>
> > Create a crappy patch and post it so it can be fixed.
>
> Have you found any issues apart from the one you pointed out?

The patch itself and your attitude showed me that you do not want your
patches to be reviewed. I decided that I won't go further as I indicated
earlier.

> If you think my patches are crappy and you feel I'm wasting your time
> with them you'd better not spend your time reviewing them. That saves
> you some time and me having to deal with your way of communicating.

Of course it was crappy. By doing your homework you save not only my
but also others' people time. Come on, a patch should at least apply if
not anything else.

> > It is
> > also convenient to not review other peoples patches because of the same
> > excuses.
>
> I told you before I have no obligations towards you, so I don't have to
> excuse myself for not reviewing patches to you (or anybody for that
> matter). I review patches when I feel like it, not when you feel like
> it. Monday night I felt like writing a patch instead.

Yeah ? Please, explain it to me - why you call yourself a MC developer ?
Why you always speak of a friendly and positive environment when you
fail to realize that it is important to take the work of others seriously
and not just ignore it ? Why don't you step out ?

> > Or go the Roland way - create bugs and let other people find them
> > for you - use as an excuse your machine setup.
>
> I told you before I'm not Roland, so you don't need to lecture me on
> your perception on his way of conducting. Plus you sound like a broken
> record and this is totally OT for this thread.

I am not lecturing you - this is the bare truth about this project. Two
call themselves developers but neither of them can be relied upon for
anything related to the project.