Re: mcslang2

Hi Pavel,

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 12:30 +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> Suddenly  everyone on this list is only interested in sporting the right
> tone.

Friendly or at least polite communication motivates people to help out
with the project. Even criticism can very be helpful but it should be
constructive (as in not just "this is wrong" but also "because" as the
latter improves knowledge and thus the quality of consequent work).

> Whatever the tone it cannot hide the fact that decisions are made
> from people that hardly have the skills to do so.

I think you are a.o. things referring to my lack of knowledge on
configure magic. Firstly I am not making decisions, I am putting forward
a patch that I think grasping from recent discussions might be
appreciated by some people, even though it needs a little work.

You criticize me for putting forward a patch that is not perfect. I'd
rather put it up for discussion and fix it, because I believe that is
more productive than not putting it up for discussion at all.

I submitted this patch for review because I know it's not perfect. Of
course I've doubted the correctness of the code you pointed out, but
instead of figuring it out at 1:15 AM when I have a job in the morning I
hoped somebody helpful would fill in the blanks.

I've read a lot of faqs and manuals in my life, but one of the
advantages of being on a list like this is that I know there are some
people that don't mind helping me fill me in on things I do not yet know
(or that I overlooked). Because I do not always have time to read yet
another manual (at least not immediately).

Leonard.