Re: mcedit stackdumps on exit

Hello,

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> Hi Pavel,
>
> On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 21:36, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > But let's not hold the patch for another couple of
> > days/weeks/months until someone finds out if it is exploitable or not.
>
> I've briefly glanced at it. Can't we just add a g_strdup() for 4.6.1 and
> work on your improved patch for post 4.6.1?

You are calling for security review but you are denying a patch - oh, boy.
The patch itself is not so big anyway but it is up to you (the developers)
to decide whether to review it or not. As for using g_strdup() - you'd
better remove the g_free() in mc_maybe_editor_or_viewer() since at the
time it is called MC is already exiting so it doesn't matter so much if
that memory is free or not.

Anyway, I'll be applying my patch for Cygwin even if it is not approved
here before the release. At least I've tried to get those changes in the
proper way.