Re: mcedit stackdumps on exit

Hello,

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> Hi Pavel,
>
> On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 16:51, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > > As you stated this was a serious issue I assumed you meant it to be
> > > exploitable.
> >
> > You've assumed too much. I never said that I think that this issue is
> > exploitable.
>
> Yes and no. But since you're remark left some room for interpretation I
> inquired about the actual meaning of your words by posing my assumption
> (as in hypothesis).

Ok, fine. If someone is willing to investigate if this bug is exploitable
that's fine. But let's not hold the patch for another couple of
days/weeks/months until someone finds out if it is exploitable or not.
I suggest to the reponsible parties (maintainers/developers/package
maintainers) to consider the already available (or a better) patch for
inclusion in MC 4.6.1.

Those interested in evaluating the level of security threat posed by this
bug can take their time to investigate it and post a report. At least
now people are aware that a double free condition exists in MC and they
can take action.

P.S. I haven't investigated but I guess that this is not a new bug and it
is available also in older versions of MC.