Re: New Maintainer for MC Project?

On 6/7/05, Roland Illig <roland illig gmx de> wrote:
Fudoki Wilkinson wrote:
> Roland must be Mr. Icaza's protege, just slinging abuse and saying no
> before the offer is even on the table;

In my opinion the offer of taking over mc could not have been expressed
more clearly. I had already been on the table when I said "no". The
latest statement from Pavel Roskin proves that my initial guess was right.

Except that Pavel's statement is not entirely true.  See the full text of the correspondence now posted to the list.  Is this a developer's list or a liar's contest?

> but he had already been identified as a "cry baby" and had no future
> with the Krew;

I don't care about that. I have looked at some of your source code and
the bulletin board, which convinced me that the mc team is more suitable
for me.

It's not  my source code, I'm a SQL, VB,  Java programmer, not a C programmer.  I can read C code, and find and fix an occasional bug - but  IMHO that's a long way from being a C programmer....

> mainly due to his private notes to our Marketing Manager blasting the
> MC Project and it's Maintainers.

"private" notes? I only wrote mails to public mailing lists, mc-devel in
particular. So this statement is clearly wrong.

Shall I post those too.....?

> Making a change is one thing, betraying your own team and backbiting
> is another.

But while I was backbiting, I maily adhered to the facts instead of
insulting others directly.

Insulting is when what you say is not true.  So I would not argue with the above statement.  It was hard to believe it when you said it, but now I realize you were not kidding, or exaggerating.

> Roland and Mr. Icaza should work well together.

Believe it or not, we do. :)

Good luck.

Terry

Roland