Re: Release procedure

Hello Miguel,

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 22:58, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
>     I have made a tarball of the current "trunk" release and fixing a
> few issues in make distcheck, the question that remains is: what version
> should we use?

Please use MC_4_6_1_PRE for the release of 4.6.1. Then we can use HEAD
for 4.6.2 and onwards.

All we need for PRE is possibly the fixes that proski introduced for
gcc-4 warnings and some translations. That should suffice for 4.6.1. I
would say you can call that code very stable.

Many of the changes in HEAD are hardly tested. So let's please use HEAD
for upcoming release.

>     We continue to use the 4.6.xx family name.

<sigh> Good. Let's not jump to anything above that yet.

> I think it might be time
> to change one of those numbers to identify the changes done since the
> 4.6.0 release in a more significant way.

Leonard.