Re: access to the mc homepage

Hi, Roland!

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 23:43 +0200, Roland Illig wrote:

> Currently, all releases will be built with line numbers stripped. That's
> why I wanted to have the translation files available separately. Or
> maybe we should switch the line numbers on for releases.

If that a real problem for translators?  I would think that the time to
download the tarball over a 14.4 kbps modem in some far part of the
world would be much more than the time needed to run msgmerge, even on a
genuine 386 system.

> >>I _could_ also put those files on my private web space, but I don't want
> >>to open yet another location for mc's files. It's much nicer to have all
> >>those things centralized. (That would also include pchels frequent
> >>prereleases, if he wants.)
> >
> > I think it would be confusing to have prereleases made by different
> > people on the same site.  But if it's needed, maybe this could be
> > handled by another script?  You give me the tag name, I run the script,
> > and the snapshot is uploaded.  How about that?
>
> I'm not talking about prereleases but only about the PO files. My plan
> is to have them at http://www.ibiblio.org/mc/translations/${date}/. That
> would be the place where we can point the translators to.

I'm fine with this if it's actually requested by the translators.
However, I would prefer that we only keep the latest revision for every
active branch.  I know that ibiblio.org has lots of bandwidth, but let's
respect their free hosting of mc by not wasting their resources.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin