Re: code improvements for the viewer

Hello,

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Roland Illig wrote:

> Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > Another problem that I see here (though this might be related to some
> > local changes). If growing view is used i.e. viewing .bz2, .gz2, .rpm,
> > etc, the cursor is displayed at the end of the status line until the last
> > page of text is reached.
>
> I can reproduce it here.
>
> Where would you like to have the cursor? In the lower right corner?
> (This would only affect the text mode, as in hex mode, the cursor is
> already placed at the current offset.)

I think that the cursor should appear where it appears in the original
viewer (the one in the 4_6_1_PRE branch). Even if you choose to change the
position of the cursor in the new viewer it should behave consistently.
Now, as I pointed above most of the time it is displayed in the status bar
and suddenly it shows inside the text area.

IMO, when you have doubts about how things should work you should try to
mimic the behaviour of the old viewer. Of course if the old behaviour is
buggy it should be improved.