Re: When will mc-4.6.2 be released?

Hello Marcel, Jindrich,

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 14:25, Marcel Pol wrote:
> A small problem that comes from that is that the utf8 patches are
> developed against head now. There are a few rejects when applying to
> current 4.6.1. Since I'm no C coder I'm not able to upgrade the Mandrake
> package to current 4.6.1, and I'd rather not touch head.

That is a very bad development. We want these patches to be used
downstream for 4.6.1. For post 4.6.1 we hope to implement support for
multibyte character sets by wrapping relevant functions.

Jindrich, I have asked you repeatedly to revert from the use of HEAD for
the pre 4.6.1 releases. Please, please, please could you use a PRE
tarball for the development rpms for Fedora Core and Red Hat Enterprise
Linux? I've put a lot of effort to get these patches from Red Hat (Jakub
Jelinek) and SuSE (Vladimir Nadvornik) synchronized and I would hate it
to see that effort wasted. Thanks.

Leonard.