Re: [patch] TODO for 4.6.1: ./file in tar archive

Hello Andrew,

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 16:46, Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:
> Edit dot.cpio and replace abc with ./b. Tap into dot.cpio.
> I think this will be definitely understand that tar.c is wrong place to fix
> this issue.

The cpio binary does not save the ./ in ./file if you feed it such
arguments. Your example is thus an artifact that should not normally
occur.

Please compare this (taken from the TODO):
"
  - In file.c, we shouldn't need to get a full path name in order to
    work, we should instead canon the file name inside the tar.c (the
    only fs that relies on this), tar.c should know about the cwd (i
    think).
"

Or is this remark unrelated to this issue?

Leonard.