Re: [patch] TODO for 4.6.1: ./file in tar archive

Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
I believe Roland used pipethrough.c for a new version of the paste
output from external command in the editor.

Exactly that. The function is currently unused. But it did compile fine with Linux 2.4, NetBSD 1.6.2, Solaris 2.9 and AIX 3.4. It can be removed for the current release.

I have some plans for mc-4.6.2, which I have not published yet. In these plans the function pipethrough would be even more flexible, so I think the current version will not be used heavily.

If anyone wants to delete it from CVS, feel free to do so. But don't forget to edit src/Makefile.am.

Roland