Re: A proposal for Midnight Commander

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 05:12, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> The beauty of open source is that you can do this, and am glad,
> because not everyone has the same needs. Some people need smaller
> applications, or we have differences. Good luck with the project
> Ali. Now, lets go back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Indeed, open source is so what nice. You can take it, change it,
re-release it. Do whatever you think is right.

No seriously. Ever asked yourself why there are forks ? Because people
can't get along doing such changes in the core. Anyways I am far from
forking anything. I first need to find a bunch of people who may be
interested. Then it makes sense not earlier. I can also get along with
Midnight Commander as is in CVS - also no problem, regardless of the
fact that I dislike the fact of it using Glib. The good things about
development mailinglists are you can raise some proposals and if people
(dis)agree then you can search for those who may agree, who are
interested in changes etc. On the otherhand we also had a good
refreshing discussion - after all we are talking about software here and
not personal feelings of people.

greetings.