Re: A proposal for Midnight Commander

I am sorry if  the suggestion below has been alredy made :
Can't we just include glib (or part of it) as part of mc sources?
It seems that we are using only few functions from glib, so we can create a
file (or few files) which contain the subset of glib which is used by mc,
and include it as part of mc, and part of mc build.
Advantages are:
1. no hassle with installing , building glib aymore
2. no changes in mc sources
3. we will have stable version of glib
4. no hassle with glib1 vs glib2
5. maybe smaller size of mc binaries
6. this subset of glib may become a foundation for new mc framework