Re: xterm_title Test Fix (delay removed)

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 06:11:09AM -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> I'm afraid that there is no good solution for this problem.  Anyway, using
> the titlebar is optional, so whoever is confused by the title can turn
> this feature off.

Agree, but I guess the idea Thomas found in vim might be quite
reliable and unbloated:

  [quote]
  It looks at environment variables WINDOWID and DISPLAY and
  connects to the X server using xlib. Then it gets and sets the
  title using the xlib functions XGetWMName and XSetWMName.
  [/quote]

Of course we can only use it when we ./configure --with-x, but I think
it's not a big problem. I could implement this if you think it's good.

> Yes, I'm finally home and online.

Welcome back. BTW could you close applied or rejected patches in BTS,
please?

Regards

--

  _.|._ |_  _.    : Adam Byrtek, alpha@(irc.pl|debian.org)
 (_|||_)| |(_|    : gg 1802819, pgp 0xB25952C0