Re: annoyance: undo does not reset "modified" status

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:22:31PM +0200, Adam Byrtek / alpha wrote:
> 1) If there is a movement action on top of the stack: undo all
> movement actions till the last modify action (without modify action).
>
> 2) If there is a modify action on top of the stack: undo all
> movement actions till the last movement action OR a newline.
  ^^^^^^^^
  modify, you mean?

interesting idea, even though i'd extend 2) by "burst grouping":
temporally close _small_ movements (probably best measured as the flowed
character distance of the merged move (e.g., "right" at the end of line
is the same as "down"+"home", i.e., one char), the threshold being
possibly the tty width) can be considered much more part of a
"modification group" than two successive insertions with a considerable
pause between them. the burst timeout should be configurable.

greetigs

ps: yes, i know, i should use fewer parentheses. :)