annoyance: undo does not reset "modified" status

i often accidentally do minor modifications (mostly partial escape
sequences) which i undo of course. anyway, afterwards i still don't know
if this was the only modification.

oh, fwiw, this gives me an idea: sometimes it would be useful to be able
to save the buffer to a temp file and run a diff against the original
file. super-limited version control. :)

greetings