Re[2]: suggestions

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:33:42 +0100 Oskar Liljeblad <oskar osk mine nu> wrote:

OL> > but it's not bug-free. below are top biting ones:
OL> >
OL> > * when viewing inside zip files or after exiting them
OL> > mc displays
OL> >   this error message and screen becomes corrupted:
OL> >   zip error: could not create output file
OL> > (/home/levent/archive.zip)
OL> >   uzip (copyin): 'zip' failed - non-zero exit sattus
OL> >
OL> >   what i understand from this error is, mc tries to
OL> > write archive files
OL>
OL> Can you explain this in more detail please? Do you always
OL> get this error when you have browsed inside a zip file and
OL> exit MC?

It happens for me when I view (F3) some file in archive. I see the same
error message if there are no permissions to write, otherwise archive's
date becomes current date.

OL> Or does this only happen with some specific
OL> zip archives?

I think with all, but I'm not sure.

OL> Also, can you tell me which version of zip that you are
OL> using (just type zip in the terminal and send me the output).

Copyright (C) 1990-1999 Info-ZIP
Type 'zip "-L"' for software license.
Zip 2.3 (November 29th 1999). Usage:

UnZip 5.42 of 14 January 2001, by Info-ZIP.  Maintained by C. Spieler.  Send
bug reports to the authors at Zip-Bugs lists wku edu; see README for details.

Usage: unzip [-Z] [-opts[modifiers]] file[.zip] [list] [-x xlist] [-d exdir]

Regards,
Nerijus