Re: patchfs, audio update
- From: Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org>
- To: Adam Byrtek 'alpha' <alpha irc pl>
- Cc: "Andrew V. Samoilov" <sav bcs zp ua>, GNU Midnight Commander Development team <mc-devel gnome org>
- Subject: Re: patchfs, audio update
- Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:42:30 -0500 (EST)
> > Sorry, I don't understand why an empty line is not a diff boundary. It's
> > not valid in diff, as far as I know.
> Yes, it is not a valid diff.
> Valid diff puts:
> ' \n' (space and a newline)
> But Andrew gave me a link to a www mailing list archive, with a patch
> inside <pre> tags. When one saves such webpage (or paste© it) the
> space is stripped and it looks like this:
> '\n' (only newline)
OK, then it's fine.
> > Besides, Andrew has CVS access and uses it very responsibly.
> Maybe, but his fix isn't necessary - at least for my system. See:
I think it's better not to use tell() on pipes. We had a problem with
man2hlp doing the same, and it was pretty bad on some OSes, if I remember
correctly (the output would grow indefinitely).
> The patch for this issue is already in BTS!
] [Thread Prev