Re: patchfs, audio update

Adam Byrtek 'alpha' wrote:
2002-12-13  Adam Byrtek   <alpha debian org>

        * extfs/patchfs.in: Copyin method added (with compressed files
        support). Files inside archive now have '.diff' extension.
        Temporary file not needed any more. Proper handling of
        "/dev/null" filenames, filename heuristics based on diff info
        page. Set files owner and group as the archive.

        * extfs/audio.in: CDDB_TIMEOUT variable added. Small fix.

Perfect and very impressive!  Power perl skills!

Changelog entry attached in patch as Pavel requested.

Andrew, if you are interested I won't play with context format. I've
tried, and realized it would take quite a lot of effort and make the
code ugly. In fact nearly every project uses unified diffs as a
standard for patches, even the diff/patch info page advises to use
unified, so IMHO good unified extfs is better that unstable but
universal.

I do not enforce you to implement context format.
But it will be some regressive and on other hand some projects (Samba as
far as I remember) require context patches.

--
Regards,
Andrew V. Samoilov