Re: patchfs, audio update

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 06:45:42PM -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Sorry, I don't understand why an empty line is not a diff boundary.  It's
> not valid in diff, as far as I know.

Yes, it is not a valid diff.
Valid diff puts:
' \n' (space and a newline)
But Andrew gave me a link to a www mailing list archive, with a patch
inside <pre> tags. When one saves such webpage (or paste&copy it) the
space is stripped and it looks like this:
'\n' (only newline)

I think we should treat this as a diff contents even if it isn't
formaly valid.

> Besides, Andrew has CVS access and uses it very responsibly.

Maybe, but his fix isn't necessary - at least for my system. See:
http://www.rpg-portal.pl/alpha/mc-patchfs.png

Lets wait for Andrew's reaction if you don't trust me.

> I think that "@@\n$" should be replaced with "@@" in both places.
> Tested, works for me.  I'm not applying it to avoid conflicts, but keep it
> in mind.

The patch for this issue is already in BTS!

--

  _.|._ |_  _.    : Adam Byrtek, alpha@(irc.pl|debian.org)
 (_|||_)| |(_|    : gg 1802819, pgp 0xB25952C0