Re: Docs and translation issues

Hello, David!

> I've been quite busy with my lectures and exams and now it's about time
> to spend some (time) with MC as the pre-release aproaches. These are the
> things I have in my tmp directory:
>
> - I sent a patch to update GPL mailing address in every xnc.hlp file. I
> may apply it myself, but after the break I don't feel very confident
> with my CVS skills.

I applied it long ago.  Sorry if you didn't get my reply.  The file
"COPYING" was removed from CVS - it's installed by Automake now.

> - Before the release I think it's about time to remove es_ES.po. There's
> a one single word difference with es.po, there's an agreement in the
> Spanish translation groups to use it as in es.po and nobody reported any
> other "critic" thing in all these years.

CVS gettext doesn't have it, so I think it should be OK.  On the other
hand, es.po in gettext uses "fichero".

> - As soon as I can, I'll apply the same change (s/fichero/archivo/) to
> the help/man file. I'm reading and rewriting mc.1.in in a random way and
> I don't think it'll be finished for 4.6.0. In Christmas holydays I'll
> print both English and Spanish versions and compare them.

That would be great.  That's something that can be done away from the
computer.  The command is "groff -wall -mandoc -Tps mc.1 >mc.ps"

> In a couple of days I'll try to commit some changes to these
> xnc.hlp(.*), es.po and es/mc.1.in files. I would thank if anybody could
> remove es_ES.po from everywhere...

Done.

--
Regards,