Re: bugzilla?

Hello!

> I think that some bug tracking system for mc would be very helpful.

I agree.

> Maybe somebody could ask http://bugzilla.gnome.org people to create
> one? (there is only 'gmc' there)

I don't think it's would be a good place.  gnome.org is about one project
- GNOME.  GNU Midnight Commander is not a part of GNOME as of now.  They
already host our mailing lists and the CVS.  I don't want to ask for more,
knowing that GNOME is a non-commercial entity and that they are not
exactly in the business of promoting free software in general.

I think GNU or Red Hat would be a better place.  I believe we have a
choice between following systems:

1) gnatsweb (http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl).  It's older
than Bugzilla, but it's used on such large projects as gcc.

2) BugCommunicator (http://bugcomm.enbug.org/), which is in the early
stages of development, but is already used for GNU GRUB.  I believe it's
going to be a replacement for gnatsweb, but I'm not sure about that.

3) Bug tracker on savannah.gnu.org.  Example of a project with Bug tracker
enabled:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=browse&set=open&advsrch=0&group=grub

The later will require to register mc as a project on savannah.gnu.org.
I don't know if I'll have to move CVS there.  I'd like to avoid it, at
least at this point.  I'm copying this e-mail to Mathieu Roy, who
hopefully knows better and can give us an informed advice.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin