Re: ANNOUNCE: GNU Midnight Commander 4.5.55

Hi, Pavel!

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 02:13:02PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> > Unfortunatelly, g_get_current_dir() has a strange 'feature', that makes it im-
> > possible to use it in MC - in case of inability to read the path instead of
> > returning NULL it returns '/'(actually, G_DIR_SEPARATOR).
>
> I think it's a minor problem.  The fix belongs to glib, not to MC.  I
> don't see any urgent need to put a workaround in the MC sources.

I guess, we need to do smth with this problem - otherwise, the behaviour of MC
becomes broken - you can't relay, that navigation throw the file system works
reliable.

> If you want, I can take g_get_current_dir() from the head version of glib
> (it's better than the one from 1.2.10) and copy it into the MC sources
> with the appropiate fix.

I think, that's the minimum what we shall do.

I'll make a bug report to glib, but, not sure that we'll get any changes - API
is frosen already(I guess), so...

> > So, there is no clear way to distinct error and a leagal case when your current
> > dir is root, or when it is a symlink to root.
>
> Yes, glib repeats the flaws of the functions it's trying to replace :-)

Regards,
	Timur.