Re: ANNOUNCE: GNU Midnight Commander 4.5.55

Hi, Pavel!

It seems, I was wrong with the description, or, you tried it  in a different way.
Basically, the conditions, that can expose the bug are - you have no read access
to one of the dirs in the path in symlink. Then you'll be thrown to '/'.

Ok, the cause of this problem is in one of your recent changes:

2001-07-17  Pavel Roskin  <proski gnu org>

	* util.c (get_current_wd): Remove.  It's obsoleted by
	g_get_current_dir() from glib.

Unfortunatelly, g_get_current_dir() has a strange 'feature', that makes it im-
possible to use it in MC - in case of inability to read the path instead of
returning NULL it returns '/'(actually, G_DIR_SEPARATOR).

So, there is no clear way to distinct error and a leagal case when your current
dir is root, or when it is a symlink to root.

I guess, the cheapest solution is to revert this change, unless we can change
the behaviour of the glib function.

With best regards,
		Timur.