Re: --with-ncurses problems

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > - Shift+FX doesn't work. I can't get Midnight Commander to
> > create a new file in the editor and other options that use
> > Shift+Fx.
> I could not reproduce this problem.  Please give more information -
> terminal name, ncurses version, OS version etc.
> > Shift+F1 prints [25~
> Where?  In mc?  Or in dd?
> > Shift+F2 [26~[28~
> This looks bad.  I'm not surprised that MC has hard time learning this.

Without information on which $TERM this was you can't say authoritativly
"this looks bad". Of course on TERM=xterm yes you are right because:

$ TERM=xterm infocmp -I | grep kf12
	kf1=\EOP, kf10=\E[21~, kf11=\E[23~, kf12=\E[24~,
(shift+F2 is the same as F12).
Remember some terminals has only few function keys (for example VT100 have
*only* F1-F4).

*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm|*e-mail: kloczek rudy mif pg gda pl*