Re: README patch (Re: More documentation cleanups)

Pavel,

It's true what Frédéric states.
If I lookup ftp.gnome.org from The Netherlands:
# nslookup ftp.gnome.org
 it is addressed to
130.239.18.141:churchill.acc.umu.se

It is apparently an automatic redirect scheme of the gnome project.

> Not sure what you mean.  I don't see it in the patch.
> > - Removed "European mirrors".

If you do an nslookup from within America you probably don't notice any
redirection.
Since the automatic mirroring is transparent and not an mc feature, I
think it is irrelevant to put a note in the mc documentation. In other
words:
Frédéric was right, but I still support your decision.

Regards,
Steef

Drs. S.X.M. Boerrigter
RIM Laboratory of Solid State Chemistry, University of Nijmegen
Toernooiveld 1, 6525 ED  Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Telephone: (+31)-(0)24-3652831    Fax:(+31)-(0)24-3653067
email: sxmboer sci kun nl         http://savannah.gnu.org/users/sxmboer
"Unix was not designed to stop people from doing stupid things,
 because that would also stop them from doing clever things." --Doug
Gwyn
Murphy's law: Anyt<Warning: Mail system error: Unexpected End Of File>