Re: README patch (Re: More documentation cleanups)

Hi, Steef!

> It's true what Frédéric states.
> If I lookup ftp.gnome.org from The Netherlands:
> # nslookup ftp.gnome.org
>  it is addressed to
> 130.239.18.141:churchill.acc.umu.se

This is from the fencepost.gnu.org (Boston, USA)

$ host ftp.gnome.org
ftp.gnome.org           CNAME   ftp.acc.umu.se
ftp.acc.umu.se          CNAME   churchill.acc.umu.se
churchill.acc.umu.se    A       130.239.18.141

And this is from sp.red-bean.com (Chicago, USA):

$ host ftp.gnome.org
ftp.gnome.org           CNAME   ftp.acc.umu.se
ftp.acc.umu.se          CNAME   churchill.acc.umu.se
churchill.acc.umu.se    A       130.239.18.141

> It is apparently an automatic redirect scheme of the gnome project.

Why "apparently"?

> If you do an nslookup from within America you probably don't notice any
> redirection.

Unfortunately, I do.  Those sites are quite slow sometimes.

Anyway, I agree that there is nothing to be written about it in the
documentation.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin