Re: GNOME weekly roundup (was Re: community managers)

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, November 14, 2012 7:58 am, alex diavatis wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:54 PM, alex diavatis
> <alexis diavatis gmail com>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Why don't you try an YouTube channel. A weekly 5' show kinda like:

I love the idea of maybe doing a weekly audio recording of this week in
GNOME. I could potentially do this as an interview with a different key
person each week, if it's not too long. Perhaps a half hour each time? I'm
wary of video as I think that will take a lot of work...

slightly off topic:
The youtube channel idea seemed pretty good but it was hard to manage.  Mostly because I had a hard time figuring out how to tag posts for GNOME.  Maybe I'm missing something there.  Design guys are always throwing up video on their thoughts.  A missing opportunity IMHO.

Do others think this is a good idea? Alex, would you want to help with it?

It depends.  I would set it up almost like an RSS feed postcast.  That would make it more automatic and something people can subscribe to.

sri

karen