"Another blog GNOME blog" is the site description and no part of our name, I know I use the word GNOME, but what else we can write there? Is just a blog for GNOME :)

If there are any issues however, feel free to tell us to change it. Absolutely no problems :)

- alex

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
Hi Alex!

On 2012-05-21 16:27, alex diavatis wrote:
Well, we haven't managed to complete what we wanted, so we will start
with a blog, because we have to start at some point :)

We want an exclusively GNOME blog, to have all gnome news in one
place, and also we want to present some art and apps.
Moreover we want to have people to talk about the present and the
future of gnome, this is particularly you,
the gnome developers :)

I want to ask you if you have any issue with the domain

http://worldofgnome.org [1]

and if you have, it's ok, we got also wogue.org [2] and we can
change our domain name.

As I wrote to you at the end of last year, you should be aware that the term "wog" in a few English speaking cultures (though not in the United States to my knowledge) is a derogatory term. Because of this you may want to rethink your website name rather than inadvertently offend anyone.

Also, don't forget to stay within the confines of GNOME's trademark policy: https://live.gnome.org/Foundation/LicensingGuidelines and ask us for permission to do anything outside of it. I see that now in the template, for example, it's unclear what kind of connection your website might have to the official GNOME Foundation and project.  I think you'll need to be particularly careful and clear, since you hope to use the name GNOME (our registered mark) in the title of at least one of your URLs.

karen

Our plan is to move this blog @ wogue.org [3] and build a cool maps
app for gnome in worldofgnome.org [4]

Current blog is totally unfinished,  but we had to open it for debug
some services that are registered on domain.
We are going to release it on 29 same day as Fedora -except if there
is another delay :)

That's all :)

Links:
------