Re: GNOME News

Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
>> The main goal of the schedule (and the editorial team) is to ensure
>> that posts are fairly evenly spaced. We don't want too many posts at
>> the same time, and we need to avoid having lengthy dry periods.
>
> This sounds great! We could perhaps evaluate some of the GUADEC materials
> for articles that are not time sensitive (interviews and the like) so we
> have a backlog of materials to fall back on during drier times - that's
> how I got my oggcast going with Bradley the first year. Jos and I wrote
> some materials at DS last year, but they didn't go that far.

Yep, we should definitely review existing material for potential posts.

>>> Using a Google Doc for a rough schedule so as to ensure that we do
>>> have content during the 'dead' periods between releases, conferences,
>>> etc does make sense. I'd be happy to be an editor/reviewer on the site
>>> as I have been doing for the past week or so now. So far its been
>>> great, and everyone I've heard from seems to enjoy them.
>>
>> Great - it would be fantastic to have you working on this.
>
> So great, thank you Emily!!! Are there downsides to using piratepad or
> something like that?

I don't particularly trust Piratepad for long-term storage... either
way, the main thing we need is something where we can see if there
have been updates, or even get notifications. Can we do that with a
private part of the wiki, perhaps? Or perhaps we can do it in
Wordpress itself...

>>> I haven't yet committed to any BOF, so the 1st sounds fine to me. What
>>> time?
>>
>> It'll be the final day; we ought to make sure that people will be
>> around before making definite arrangements. But maybe 11am would be
>> good?
>
> I think I'll have to leave before then, but if this time works for
> everyone else I'll try to meet up with folks before then during the
> conference to chip in.

OK, let's see if we can organise something during the conference itself.

Allan