Re: happy birthday GNOME website!

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:

> I'll email jrb and see if there are any materials they have that we should
> use from their talk (maybe we can post their talk, actually).

We can ping the GUADEC team and ask them if they could have that
keynote published in advance of the others.

Also, I think that some infographics+screenshots can be enough to
produce awesomeness.

I could think of a slideshow or vertical scroll which goes through the
most important GNOME versions by date (we won´t be able to get
screenshots of everything). Each "slide" has the screenshot, a small
memory of the context of it (from GUADEC talk) and perhaps a small
graph (this could also be independent) of contributors, commits. The
last one might be too tricky for the short time we have.

So I think we would have to write:
1. the main text on the top of the page
2. the memory for each screenshot
3. some other patches

I would decide now which versions we want to have on display, proposal:
1.4 = the last 1.x GNOME, shows off the "age of options", emphasis on
"the beginnings"
2.0 = the flamed 2.x release, with comments on the many activity it
had, emphasis on "dare to change"
2.14 = the midpoint of the 2.x cycle (right?), emphasis on
"progressive evolution"
3.0 = the flamed 3.0 release, emphasis on "a new vision" (or something
that says we were brave enough to pursue our ideas)
3.4 = the 1 year after release of the 3.x series, emphasis on "vision
keeps going"

Thanks Karen!

Diego