Re: marketing list round up

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:20 AM, Sumana Harihareswara <sumanah panix com> wrote:
Brian Cameron wrote:
>          * The next issue of GNOME Journal is coming out in July or
>            August 2011?  With GNOME 3.2 on the way, do we have nothing
>            interesting to say?
>            https://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal

Paul & I no longer have time to work on GNOME Journal.  Sri, Jayson Rowe
and other folks have expressed interest in taking it over.

At the moment, I'm probably the only person who is willing to try to keep GNOME Journal alive.  We've lost a lot of team people in GJ, and part of it is is that our publishing process has gone out of whack and I know for sure I'm not keeping track of people who have promised to write articles so that I can bug them.

If we have articles I can also not only get them published in GNOME Journal but some of our own articles can probably be republished on Linux.com.  That might give people some added incentives to write for us rather than doing a blog post.

Blog posts, G+ are hard to compete against.  Especially G+ where some of you might have hundreds or even thousands of followers.

Anyways, I need to write up a plan and then put a process in place to keep contributors and track them and help them write articles.

It would be nice if we could move to a site that is similar to the rest of GNOME though. :)

 As I
understand it, we're just waiting on Paul to hand the keys over.
However, I know there have been discussions on the marketing list about
just reabsorbing GNOME Journal into the main GNOME blog or otherwise
redesigning it or redeploying those energies.

The journal format I think is still effective.  But if others feel that it might be better as a blog I don't have any objections.

sri