Re: Urgent - 3.2 Press Release

On Wed, September 14, 2011 10:43 am, Allan Day wrote:
> Hi Karen,
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
>> On Wed, September 14, 2011 4:44 am, Allan Day wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The release notes seem to be progressing well, but no one seems to
>>> have stepped forward to do the press release. This really needs taking
>>> care of. (I'd do it but I'm totally swamped with other things at the
>>> moment, unfortunately...)
>>
>> I can get started on pulling the structure together today but we should
>> probably talk about a couple of things here first. Who would make good
>> quotes for this press release? In the GNOME 3.0 release we had Jon
>> McCann,
>> Matt Zimmerman and Miguel de Icaza. I don't think we need three for this
>> one necessarily, but it would be good to understand what kind of overall
>> messaging we'd like to get across, other than that 3.2 is a bit better
>> than 3.0.
>
> The talking points [1] contain some notes on why the release is
> significant other than just being better than 3.0. I'm sure Jon could
> help to communicate that also.

I asked in this way because I think we want to ask for targeted quotes to
push forward the main messaging points. Would Jon be good to have another
quote from this time? (I'll check in with him about the release generally
in any event.) Who else?

thanks for the other responses, that's very helpful!!

karen